Bait and Fish
In Minethings, bait can be used to catch fish, which can be used for certain melds. To catch fish, you have to be a Fisherman. Bait can be aquired by mining items in a bait mine; different colors of bait catch one of its' corresponding color fish. Fish can be either sold or made into, and can be very profitable as long as you don't get pirated. Also, while fishing, you have a chance to find treasure from sunken ships, meaning fishing can be very profitable if you find something good. For more on fishing, follow the link here.
- Lure: Very useful because it catches fish that are all sellable, and all worth more than the actual lure. Useful for quick profits, and better chances at treasure.
- Ballyhoo: Although it has better profits, it takes longer to sell its fish, meaning its good for long term profits, in combination with lures.
- Mullet: Not very useful, becuase the only sellable fish you can catch with it is the wahoo, otherwise, it isn't worth buying.
- Herring. Not many of these have been discovered, although in theory, threshers could be sold quite easily, although the other red fish would be extremely hard to sell, meaning that if you ever get a chance to buy a herring, don't.
- Eel: The most recent discovery from the Bait mine. This bait is very rare, and there have only been two ever found.
All bait is acquired from a bait mine, which you can either purchase with credits from the shop, or with gold from other players. The bait mine is located in Daigard, which can only be accessed by ships.
See Fish Melds for a list of melds that can be created with fish.