Melds are a way of scoring and seeing your progress in Mine Things. A meld is a collection of items that are combined together. When you make a meld the items have to all be in your home city, and you have to have every item in the meld (no partial or incomplete melds). Each meld is worth 1 meld point, which is the way of showing how many melds you have. Melds have different colors, depending upon the rarity of items used in the meld. Different colors do not affect the amount of meld points you get.
Melds are the "trophies" of Minethings. Players can combine items they receive in various combinations to create a meld. Melds are liquidized back into their components if the player chooses to move cities - other than that, there is no way to break apart a meld once it is created. Each meld created increases your meld-count by 1, which is displayed next to players' usernames.
Currently melds control a few aspects of the game. For every meld you own, your battery life will be increased by 1 hour, and melds unlock professions, gadgets, and function as a kind of status symbol within the game. What's the fun of a game if there isn't a bit of competition involved, right?
- 0-9 meld players cannot change from the basic miner profession.
- 10 melds - 3 land based professions; Trader, Highwayman, and Guard. Also, you can begin working once you have 10 melds, getting 1 CPH per hour for ever 10 melds.
- 15 melds - Gadgets become available.
- 20 melds - 4 sea professions; Merchant, Pirate, Bounty Hunter and Fisherman.
- 30 melds - Manufacturer becomes available
- 40 melds - Pilot profession becomes available. for every 10 melds, you can send out an extra plane.
Every 10 melds you have boosts both of the Factory Professions. Workers gain 1 cph (component per hour with every 10 melds, making them more valuable employees. Manufacturers' factories produce more efficient mining bots with every 10 melds they possess, capable of finding 'damaged' items on top of the normal finds.
Meld Item Locations
Pages in category "Melds"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.