Difference between revisions of "Ships"
(New changes in May 2011)
|Line 88:||Line 88:|
== Travel Routes ==
== Travel Routes ==
Revision as of 12:59, 24 August 2011Ships were introduced on the 14th of August with the release of the Daigard patch. Initially the only ships people could use were Rafts from the Starter Mine. Players had to use their rafts to reach Daigard in order to purchase a Ships mine [450 credits]. Ships are unique in that they can have Cannons permanently affixed to them.
Ships have different attribute types than Vehicles.
- Speed - How fast the ship moves, in km/h. Can be increased 10% with the use of a Turbo Engine gadget
- Capacity - How many items the ship can hold. This number is reduced by one for each cannon attached to the ship.
- Crew - The crew compliment of the ship. Similar to vehicles' Attack stat. Can be improved with weapons and 10% with the use of a Whetting Stone gadget.
- Hull - The strength of the ship's hull. Similar to vehicles' Defense. Can be boosted 10% with the use of the Shield gadget
- Cannon Portals - Number of cannons that can be attached to the ship.
Ships can be sunk if they are shot with enough cannonballs to make their hull go below zero. This will make anything that they were carrying sunken treasure, which can be retrieved by fishing. The ship itself is lost forever.
Special Notice: The Raft
The Raft is the only usable item from the Starter Mine. It was originally intended to get miners to Daigard, since the Ship mine is located there, and, at the time of its release, there was no available way to reach Daigard. It is highly recommended that you use the raft to discover Daigard or be used as a scout or bubble for a ship transporting valuables, other than that DO NOT use it for any other purpose as it will get pillaged or sunk very quickly.
Special Notice: Discontinued Ships
The Sloop '09, Galley '09, Barque '09 and Junk '10 are discontinued ships and are no longer discovered.